SharePoint supports your organisational requirements for document management through a number of functions enabling;
- Storage, sorting and finding documents.
- Enforcing document structures.
- Manage document Meta data.
- Manage document access privileges.
- Enforcing structured document workflows.
- Enable search on content, Meta data, names and individuals etc.
SharePoint Document Management is a simple and effective way to keep control over documents within the organisation. It enables document sharing, version management, document check-in and check-out procedures and the ability to simultaneously collaborate by editing a document.
Organisations who previously used network file shares are able to import existing structures, alternatively create a new structure.
The Document Management functionality in SharePoint is just one of many applications SharePoint can be used for. The Webb platform can also be used for Case Management.