Installing DevCore Leave Calendar
Follow the below steps to install this app. A more thorough walkthrough follows.
- As a tenant administrator, go to SharePoint Admin Center -> Apps -> Purchase Apps.
- Find the Leave Calendar app and add it.
- When prompted for a Microsoft account, create one or sign in to one. This account is not one associated with your work or school (or a onmicrosoft.com account).
- Assign licenses to users that will be using the app.
- Add the app to any site you are an owner or administrator of by using Add an app in the settings menu.
In order to add this app you need to be a tenant administrator or have an app catalog setup to request a tenant administrator’s approval. The following guide covers the former.
Verify Tenant Administrator role
- Browse to https://****-admin.sharepoint.com where **** is the name of your Office 365 account.
If you have access, you should have the correct permissions.
If you do not have access, you need to either follow the steps for installing with approval of a tenant administrator or ask a tenant administrator to add you as an administrator for SharePoint.
Verify Site Collection Administrator role
- Browse to https://****-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/SiteCollections.aspx
- Select the site collection where you will be installing the app by selecting the row.
- Click Site Owners and verify you are a member of the site collection administrators group by clicking Manage Administrators.
Installation instructions as tenant administrator
1. Go to SharePoint Admin Center by using the app launcher or browsing to https://****-admin.sharepoint.com where **** is the name of your Office 365 account.
2. Go to Apps in left navigation and click on Purchase Apps on the page.
3. Search for the app and click on it. Click on Try it.
4. Sign in with a Microsoft account. Note this is not the same as your current work account and needs to be a regular account not associated with a company or school. It does not need any permissions on any of your SharePoint or Office 365 sites. Create an account if you do not already have one.
5. Confirm that you want to add the app.
6. If you see the message below, click Retry.
7. Click on Manage License to assign users to the newly added app.
8. Add up to 20 people as users by assigning licenses for the newly added app.
9. Go to the site where you want to add the app and click on Add an app in the settings menu.
10. Click on the app to add it to the site.
11. Click on Trust it to accept the permissions of the app.